This Inverse Variation lesson plan also includes:
Discover an inverse variation pattern. A simple lesson design allows learners to explore a nonlinear pattern. Scholars analyze a distance, speed, and time relationship through tables and graphs. Eventually, they write an equation to model the relationship.
- Use technology to research a destination of interest to use while analyzing distance and speed
- Create a guided-notes document to record examples and new vocabulary
- Suggests using graphing calculators
- Highlights multiple representations of functions
- Includes ideas for differentiation
- Does not provide a student handout