This Investigating Coral Bleaching Using Data in the Classroom interactive also includes:
Approximately 93 percent of the individual reefs in the Great Barrier Reef suffer from coral bleaching. Scholars learn how scientists monitor coral bleaching around the world as part of a larger series. They use actual data to answer comprehension questions, and then design their own investigations determining the relationship between sea temperature and coral reef health.
- Set up an experiment watering plants with various temperatures of water
- Discuss what people can do to prevent or repair the bleached coral reefs
- Relies on prior knowledge of coral reefs, climate change, and sea temperature
- Incorporates presentation, video, and reading methodologies
- Designed for NGSS as well as Common Core