This Investigating How Heat Flows lesson plan also includes:
It is impossible to cool down a glass of water by adding ice. Young scientists explore heat transfer through videos, experiments, and interactive games. They quickly catch on that the water melts the ice and things aren't always as they seem when it comes to heat flow.
- Link to online interactive game does not work; try this game instead, which teaches the same concept: Galactic Gloop Zoo
- Have a clear glass of ice water sitting in front of the class for the entire period and at the end of class discuss why there is a puddle under the glass when none of the water has escaped
- Assumes prior knowledge of the relationship between thermal energy and temperature
- Uses common materials
- Provides a high level of student engagement throughout
- Offers supplementary resources