Teach your class about the Declaration of Independence while giving them practice working as a team. The resource breaks participants into groups and has them answer questions about specific grievances from the Declaration of Independence. It helps them take another look at direct quotes from the primary source in a new and interesting way.
- Flip your class by assigning the initial examination as a homework assignment before the first day using the resource
- Consider reviewing some of the Declaration of Independence as a class and give a few examples before beginning
- Requires some prep work to print out several handouts for the groups
- Encourages the class to collaborate
- Builds writing skills
- The resource does not provide any teaching instructions or tips