Teach your class about the Declaration of Independence while giving them practice working as a team. The resource breaks participants into groups and has them answer questions about specific grievances from the Declaration of Independence. It helps them take another look at direct quotes from the primary source in a new and interesting way.
- Flip your class by assigning the initial examination as a homework assignment before the first day using the resource
- Consider reviewing some of the Declaration of Independence as a class and give a few examples before beginning
- Requires some prep work to print out several handouts for the groups
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Encourages the class to collaborate
- Builds writing skills
- The resource does not provide any teaching instructions or tips