This Investigating the Effect of Temperature on the Activity of Lipase lab resource also includes:
How does temperature affect lipase activity? Young scholars conduct an experiment to collect data on the interaction of lipase at different temperatures. They add lipase to a solution of milk, sodium carbonate, and phenolphthalein and record the time it takes for a color change to occur.
- Have each group complete the activity at a different temperature; to save time, compile the data for use as a class
- Requires an understanding of the behavior of phenolphthalein
- Gather necessary materials prior to the experiment
- Provides options for additional experiments on the same topic
- Includes ideas to vary the experiment to emphasize different concepts