This Is Glass a Liquid? video also includes:
Amorphous solid or slow-moving liquid? Learn about glass, pitch, and Earth's mantle through a video from the Veritasium playlist. The narrator describes the molecular structures of amorphous versus crystalline solids, shows examples of each, and sheds light on the behavior of non-typical solids and liquids.
- Use the video to expand a lesson on solids and liquids
- Learn more about the long-running pitch experiment, known as The Tenth Watch, by showing the attached video
- Discuss the characteristics of normal solids and liquids before watching the video
- Includes excellent examples that are easy for students to relate to
- Illustrations help viewers visualize the behavior of the molecules in amorphous and crystalline solids