Humans on average are shorter than they were centuries ago. Young scholars analyze the factors that affect the height of individuals including historical trends in a video lesson. The presentation analyzes both genetic and environmental factors.
- Graph the changes in average human height over time to look for trends
- Have pupils collect height data from their families and analyze the data to make comparisons between clans and within families
- Builds on an understanding of nature versus nurture
- Uses humor to add interest to the presentation
- Incorporates different scientific studies to support claims