Which makes a better name for a new species: Hermit Crab Caterpillar or Sir Leafs-a-Lot? Exploring a rainforest in Peru, the video helps viewers discover a unique species as part of a larger biology playlist. As scientists learn more about this caterpillar, it raises an important question: How is a species defined?
- Assign one concept for defining a species to each pupil or groups of pupils and have them present their findings to allow for comparison
- Relies on prior knowledge of mitochondria and DNA
- Content lasts eight minutes, and the remaining portion of the video is an advertisement
- Offers closed captioning for the hearing impaired
- Highlights new vocabulary throughout
- Links current research to taxonomy study