Altering the subatomic nature of an atom affects its properties. The video illustrates the idea of an isotope using Carbon-12, Carbon-13, and Carbon-14 as examples.
10 Views 7 Downloads NGSS: Adaptable
- Flip your classroom by assigning the video as homework and using class time for questions and practice
- Learners should have a basic understanding of the subatomic particles in an atom
- YouTube video requires Internet access
- The sixth in a series of eight chemistry lessons
- Makes reference to applications of understanding radioactive decay
- Builds on learners' prior knowledge to develop the concept of an isotope