This It All Comes Full Circle lesson plan also includes:
How long does it take spacecraft go around the earth? Using the circular orbits of the space shuttle and the International Space Station, groups determine the distance traveled in one revolution, then calculate the distance traveled during a specific amount of time for both spacecraft.
- Provide instruction or review of the relationship between central angles, circumference, and arc length
- Class should be familiar with determining scale factors
- Pupils needs to pay attention to units while performing the calculations to aid in solving the problem
- The answer key shows all the work your pupils should complete to get the answers
- The activity requires learners to connect the calculations to properties of circles
- Directions use the incorrect problem numbers