This It Creeps. It Crawls. Watch Out For The Blob! lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
How do you find the area of an irregular shape? Class members calculate the area of an irregular shape by finding the area of a random sampling of the shape. Individuals then utilize a confidence interval to improve accuracy and use a calculator to generate a random sample of the image represented on a grid.
- Use as a review of the basic statistical calculations
- Requires graphing calculators for statistics calculations
- Learners should be able to find mean, median, standard deviation, five-number summaries, confidence intervals and populations mean; graph data using histograms and box plots
- Provides context to a situation to increase motivation and relevance
- Gives directions for using TI technology to make calculations