This It’s Elemental! Sampling from the Periodic Table lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
How random is random? Demonstrate the different random sampling methods using a hands-on activity. Pupils use various sampling techniques to choose a random sample of elements from the periodic table. They use the different samples to compare the mean, standard deviation, median, and five-number summary.
- Review the basics of the periodic table with your classes prior to the activity
- Use a foldable to record definitions and examples of the different types of random sampling methods
- Requires graphing calculators for statistical calculations
- Includes an activity sheet for learners to follow as they complete the activity
- Teacher guide give complete lesson information and background knowledge