Why Lesson Planet?
Learners formulate new applications for simple machines in an original invention that solves a common problem. They brainstorm ideas for a new product using simple machines and communicate a finished project through an oral, written, and graphic presentation.
- Give class members time to do some of their research outside of school
- Acquire books about inventing from the library to have in the classroom
- Requires access to PowerPoint, or another presentation software, as well as access to the Internet
- Suggests four days of instruction and activities
- Includes links to supporting websites as well as a worksheet to outline research