This It's Probably Probable unit plan also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Learners make predictions and draw conclusions from given information as they learn the meaning of probability in this vocabulary-rich, integrated activity that presents a variety of teaching strategies to motivate and reach all learning styles.
The first activity, a bingo game, is designed to review prerequisite knowledge of terms associated with probability, and check foundational concepts like fractions, decimals, percents, proportions, and predictions. Then a probability review worksheet is sent home with learners to complete as homework.
In lesson two, learners create tree diagrams and use them to find probabilities of events as they interpret data to make predictions and decisions.
In the third, and final lesson, learners use the probability formula: Probability = what you want to happen/ everything that could happen, to complete a probability worksheet that supplies lots of practice calculating the probability of an event.
- Use this unit to introduce and give learners a good foundational understanding of probability
- Probably Pistachio by Stuart J, Murphy is not supplied but it is a great introduction of the vocabulary in this integrated lesson
- Lesson plan included
- Summative assessment idea included
- Exit exams and solution included
- Three bingo cards and solution master included
- Student probability cards included
- Probability worksheet and exit slips included with solution masters
- Reteaching and extension suggestions included
- Vocabulary list included
- Math journal questions included