This Jacksonian Democracy lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Jacksonian Democracy ... a total success or a complete failure? Young academics examine Jacksonian Democracy, including the concept of the supremacy of the federal government and the forced relocation of Native Americans. Scholars complete a pre-lesson quiz, research, and write newspaper articles to understand the impact of Jacksonian Democracy.
- Have learners create journal entries from the perspective of a Native American during Jackson's presidency
- Guide pupils in creating a pro/con chart of Jacksonian Democracy
- The topic of forced Native American settlement may be sensitive for some students
- Provides a rubric for the activity to allow for consistent grading
- The lesson includes differentiated instruction activites to enhance student learning