This Joseph Had a Little Overcoat lesson plan also includes:
Spruce up a class reading of the children's book Joseph Had a Little Overcoat by Simms Taback with this fun series of activities. Starting with a list of reading comprehension questions and key vocabulary to address during a teacher read aloud, this resource goes on to offer a number of extension activities that create curricular connections with art, music, health, and science. A reading of this Caldecott Medal-winning book would make a perfect addition to a literature unit on folk tales in the primary grades.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- A list of additional resources is provided for extending learning
- Activities are suitable for students across the primary grade levels
- Teacher must provide scaffolding to support children with the reading comprehension strategies mentioned in the lesson
- Some of the arts and crafts activities require considerable teacher preparation