Why Lesson Planet?
It is plane to see that simple machines help reduce the force needed to perform a task. This resource introduces three of the simple machines--the inclined plane, the wedge, and the screw, and the formulas in order to be able to calculate the mechanical advantage of each.
- Provide different inclined plane, wedge, and screw dimensions and have the class calculate the individual simple machine's mechanical advantage
- Bring in several compound machines and have class members find the simple machines that compose it
- The class should be familiar with the six simple machines
- The third in a 10-part series
- The plan has a clear set of learning objectives
- Background information provides the information that a teacher would need to know in order to calculate the mechanical advantage of an inclined plane, wedge, and screw
- Instructional strategies are not clear