This Keep-a-Cube activity & project also includes:
Waxed paper, newspaper, or aluminum foil? Keeping an ice cube from melting may require one or more of these materials. Learners design a box that will provide insulation so an ice cube stays intact for at least 90 minutes.
3 Views 4 Downloads
- Have a contest to see which group's design keeps the ice cube intact for the longest amount of time
- Scholars should have knowledge of heat transfer
- After building the boxes, the activity requires waiting for 90 minutes to compare ice cubes inside and outside the box
- An Engineering & Science Connections section provides additional information about relevant topics
- Gives a few guiding questions to facilitate discussion