Youngsters practice identifying, writing, and pronouncing long and short i sounds in common words. After cutting out vowel sound cards, they then paste the cards besides appropriate matching words, such as zip, ice, and six.
27 Views 23 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- As an extension activity, have youngsters design their own version of this worksheet by including several images of other words using long and short i sounds. Then, students can switch their worksheets with each other and practice more identification and pronunciation
- Explain to your students which i sound each picture represents, as this may be a bit unclear at first given the picture chosen for the long i sound
- Well-designed worksheet that incorporates variety of skills
- Includes penmanship lines for students to write answers
- Cutouts provided in a Word document, which can be edited (see additional materials)