Kindergartners will cut, paste, and label the words that contain a short or long e sound. They can build their phonemic awareness as they say each word to determine which e goes where.
11 Views 9 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use in a lesson about vowel sounds, or in a week about the letter E
- See if kids can come up with a list of other words with short or long E vowel sounds
- A good activity for a homework packet or language arts center
- Pictures on the letters that kids cut out and glue aren't clear; be sure to differentiate between the hen (short E sound) and the picture of the E (long E sound)
- Matching activity is fun and educational for learners of all reading levels