Why Lesson Planet?
Which images show things that start with the letter S? Let your pupils decide and then cut and paste those six images to this page. After that task is complete, individuals write the words sun and sad to practice even more words that start with the letter S.
- Ask learners to say each word out loud to practice pronouncing the letter S
- Use this in a teacher-led station and walk learners through each step of the process
- Note that there are eight images included in the materials, and only six of them start with the letter S (to fit with the six blank spaces on the worksheet)
- You can change the images if you'd prefer different words; the Word document provided is editable
- Handwriting lines are provided to support beginning writers
- See the materials tab for the images that learners use during this exercise
- Picture Word Cut-outs