Sandwich, start, sun. What do all of these things have in common? They start with the letter S! Learners choose the six images that start with the letter S, cut them out, and glue them to the page. They then practice writing the letter S in both uppercase and lowercase.
- Set up a station in your class with this as the activity; you can lead kids through the process of finding the correct images and cutting and pasting the pictures
- Encourage learners to say the words out loud to practice the S sound
- If you aren't sure if your learners will be able to identify the images, you can edit the document to meet their needs (it's a Word document)
- See the materials tab for the color images that kids are meant to cut out and glue to this page
- Handwriting lines are provided to support beginning writers