Do science videos really enhance learning? Pupils examine the facts in a video about videos. The narrator shows how science scholars perform on a quiz after watching a related video, then how they perform on the same quiz after watching a similar video tailored to address common misconceptions about the material.
- The resource can be used to initiate a class discussion about science learning styles and methods
- Have the class try their hand at rewriting a science video by brainstorming common misconceptions about a certain topic
- Preface the video by describing Khan Academy if this is not a resource commonly used in your school
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Content encourages students and teachers alike to examine the effectiveness of video resources
- The narrator provides data to back up his theory, making it more credible