Your class won't say ICK when they see this instructional activity that focuses on -ick words! Learners read a short and silly poem containing many -ick words. They then practice reading comprehension and handwriting by tracing the answers to the three questions.
- Read the poem out loud as a class or in small groups so that individuals can hear all of the -ick words
- Use this as a homework assignment or warm-up
- Read the poem and work on the questions in a teacher-led station
- In an effort to include as many -ick words as possible in the poem, the creators of this resource composed a kind of odd final stanza; however, it does introduce a couple more -ick words
- Tracing lines are provided to support young learners as they start with writing and reading comprehension
- The short poem includes many -ick words for kids to practice with