Boost understanding of the four types of sentences with several exercises. To start off, read through the provided information about the types of sentences together. This will prepare your class to practice their new knowledge. Then, they will identify types of sentences, rewrite sentences in other forms, and write paragraphs using at least one of each type of sentence.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Easy to split up over the course of several days
- Includes information about and examples of declarative, interrogative, imperative, and exclamatory sentences
- These are all simple sentences; challenge your more advanced pupils to create complex or compound sentences
- While this is great for individuals who love dogs, those who are not dog-lovers might be engaged by changing out dogs for something else of interest