An informative video takes you to East Los Angeles In the 1960s. Educator, Sal Castro identified a common problem among the Latino population and as a native Angelino, he decided to do something about it. Castro planned a walkout across four high schools.
- Watch the video during Hispanic Heritage Month which takes place between September 15-October 15
- Gather a collection of books on the history of Los Angeles, California, have them on display to give learners the opportunity to browse when time permits
- While watching the video, pause periodically to review the information given and answer questions
- The video contains violence, watch it prior to assigning it to confirm its level of appropriateness
- Includes interviews from several former high school scholars and actual footage
- The production quality is high