Why Lesson Planet?
A set of instructions and a 100-point grading rubric have been designed for writing lab reports. Appropriate for middle schoolers, this lays out what to include for each of the six steps in the scientific method: title, hypothesis, materials, procedure, results, and conclusion.
- Give this concise handout to your science fair participants as a guide
- Complete, yet concise instructions
- Laid out in clearly organized steps
- Useful for helping upper-elementary learners reach Next Generation Science Standards objectives
- Unfortunately this is in pdf format, so you cannot edit it; consider using it as a model for designing your own lab report guide sheet
- Rather than Title for the first step, you may prefer to call it Question or Problem
- Minor formatting issues such as inconsistency with use of capital letters and punctuation, and the line for student's name for the second page actually on the bottom of the first