The English language is complex and sometimes counterintuitive. Guide young grammarians through a brief overview of the history of the English language with a presentation that includes lecture notes.
14 Views 7 Downloads
- Have individuals trace the etymology of words like fellow whose meaning has changed over time
- Connect to a social studies class when discussing the evolution of Western culture
- The slides are designed to illustrate an lecture on the history of the English language
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The presentation includes information about the major influences and shifts in the development of English
- Best suited to college-level classes