This Laws and the National Community lesson plan also includes:
When it comes to the law, is justice always served? Teach scholars about how law sometimes enables prejudice of entire groups of people with a unit on World War II that includes a warm-up activity, analysis of primary sources, brainstorming, discussions, and journaling.
- Assess learning with pop quiz the next day in class in which learners analyze one of the laws discussed
- Have advanced class members create proposals detailing how to prevent these sorts of laws from ever passing in our current democratic system
- Encourages reading a linked chapter before beginning class
- Develops primary source analysis skills
- Enables flexibility by suggesting a few different options for main activities
- Inspires self-reflection and builds critical-thinking skills