This Layers of the Earth lesson plan also includes:
We can't dig a hole through the Earth, so how do we know about the layers beneath our feet? Scholars learn about layering through hands-on exploration of common materials. They study the characteristics of each layer and apply their findings to diagram the layers of the Earth.
- Discuss another common model for the Earth—an egg, because the crust/shell is so thin compared to the other layers
- Be aware of any allergies when selecting which candy bars to open
- Relies on prior knowledge of models, creating graphs, and Earth's interior
- Includes supplementary resources, including online interactives
- Follows 5E format
- Offers multiple evaluation methods