This LCM and HCF using Product of Primes instructional video also includes:
All that work put into prime factorizations won't go to waste. An illuminating video describes how to determine the least common multiple and greatest common factor of two numbers using the prime factorizations. Learners see how to use a Venn diagram to classify each factor as being common to the two numbers or not, and then use the factors to find the least common multiple and greatest common factor.
- Give the video to learners struggling with the concept
- Pupils should be familiar with Venn diagrams
- Some vocabulary terms used in the video, such as lowest common multiple and highest common factor, are different from those typically used in US classrooms
- Includes a worksheet with practice questions and additional textbook exercises
- Provides a separate file with an answer key