This Lead Compounds: Precipitation Reactions and Pigments—Microscale Chemistry lab resource also includes:
Colorful lead compounds never fail to impress! Solubility scholars examine a series of double replacement reactions involving lead nitrate and record their observations. The second part of the experiment illustrates the differences between hard and soft water when in the presence of lead nitrate.
- Add to the lesson by asking pupils to write and balance equations for each reaction they perform
- Show students the effects of lead upon the body using a short video
- Consider using spot well plates rather than clear sheet protectors to minimize the mess
- Provide a copy of the solubility rules so individuals can connect them to the reactions they observe
- The two-part experiment is easy to execute yet very insightful
- Includes printables and solution preparation instructions in the teacher's guide