This Leaky Faucet activity & project also includes:
A dripping faucet may be enough to drive you crazy, but it also teaches you a little about ratios. Presented with the volume of a sink and the rate the water is dripping, scholars must devise a plant to determine how long it will take the sink to overflow. Once they are confident with their answers, they watch to the end of a video to see just how long it really takes.
- Incorporate as a collaborative performance task during a unit on ratios and proportions
- Lead the lesson as a whole group exploration
- Requires background knowledge of writing ratios and proportions
- Presents the information through video, adding to the suspense
- Includes all necessary information to find a solution to the question