This Learn About Leadership unit also includes:
Sir Peter Blake was an award-winning New Zealand yachtsman who was killed by pirates in 2001. Scholars learn about his leadership qualities in a fun lesson that combines games, writing, and discussion. Pupils also reflect on ideas of leadership by completing graphic organizers. Finally, they collaborate on an engaging team-building activity using recycled materials to construct a raft.
- Ask individuals to create a list of student leadership opportunities to research and explore
- Use the lesson to promote teen leadership activities at school
- Prepare for the lesson in advance by printing a picture of Sir Peter Blake and gathering the other required materials
- Requires minimal research
- Provides a helpful teacher reference document
- Includes an interactive Dream Team poster