This Learning From Animals lesson plan also includes:
Is all research on animals bad? Learners use a video to understand how animal research benefits humans. Pupils read about a drug modification turned deadly and the result of the 1938 Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. Scholars use a variety of resources to research questions about animal research.
- Lead a debate on the ethics of animal research
- The video is available here, not at the link in the resource
- Serves as the first in a short, two-lesson unit on biomedical research
- Provides background information and instructional notes for teachers
- Includes an answer key for the assessment