Compare and contrast World War II to the modern Iraq war with this instructional activity. After watching a film, learners use supporting evidence to support their point of view of the conflicts. Using the internet, they create a presentation to share the information they have gathered from examining World War II.
- Connect between language arts and social studies to address skills in both subjects
- Much of the lesson is dependent on a viewing of The Perilous Fight: America's World War II in Color, which may not be available, but can be substituted with another relevant film (and modifications to the viewing guide)
- Promotes technology skills, text analysis, and project synthesis
- Provides links to additional material and research opportunities
- Includes all guides, worksheets, and research topic list
- Refer to page 3 for a breakdown of the video segments