The film version of Gone with the Wind is the focus of this learning guide that asks viewers to consider some of the issues that the Southern states faced prior to and during the Civil War.
30 Views 13 Downloads
- Carefully research the controversies surrounding the film
- Preview the entire resource, especially the first three discussion questions and the suggested responses, before deciding to use the film and the film guide in a classroom setting
- Consider the extreme length of the film (3:58) before deciding to use it as part of your curriculum
- The guide includes background information, discussion questions, and a discussion of possible problems using the film in a classroom situation
- The guide focuses solely on the story and does not ask viewers to consider any aspects of film craft