Prepare your classes for future work by reinforcing multiples and finding least common multiples. Learners see how to identify the least common multiple of a set of numbers. The instructor shows examples including a set of two and a set of three numbers.
- Introduce the lesson by giving each pupil a different number and ask them to find the first 10 multiples of their number; use the multiples later to find least common multiples of their numbers
- Post the video as a homework reference
- Expects an understanding of using factor trees to find prime factors and representing the prime factorization using exponents
- Shows multiple methods for finding the least common multiple
- Does not provide an explanation of mathematics behind using factor trees to identify the least common multiple