How does the calculator find a regression line? Don't leave your pupils wondering! The video goes through the process of calculating a regression line algebraically. The example uses a data set and use the formula for calculating the slope and y-intercepts.
- Use the same data to calculate a regression line in the calculator, and then compare the results
- Ask pupils to sketch the scatter plot and the equation of the line calculated to reinforce the concept of a regression line
- Learners should already understand the meaning of a regression line and the connection it has to the graph of the points
- The video does not explain why the formulas work or from where they are derived
- The lesson is number 12 in a series of 29 videos
- The author uses clear language and helpful explanations