This Least Time interactive also includes:
What is the fastest way to get from point A to point B if you are going through two different mediums, such as air then water? Scholars explore the way light travels through air, water, acrylic, glass, and diamond as they answer this question. Graphs display the travel time and angles of refraction for each combination tested.
- Use a laser light and blocks of transparent material (water, glass, acrylic) to observe this in person
- Assumes prior knowledge of sine waves, angles, refraction, and interpreting graphs
- Must sign up for a free CK-12 account to access the interactive
- Includes answers to some of the worksheet questions
- Provides a walk-through video examining the science behind the simulation