This Leland Linman’s War: A Look at Soldiers’ Daily Lives in World War I lesson plan also includes:
Hunkering down in the trenches of World War I, Leland Linman decided to write a journal about his experiences. By reading Linman's entries in the fourth installment of an eight-part lesson series, scholars get a firsthand look at life in the trenches. The lesson culminates with a group essay response analyzing the life of a World War I soldier.
- Extend the activity to include other World War I soldier stories to compare to Linman's; have students present their findings to the class
- Assumes prior knowledge of trench warfare
- Group size should be no more than three
- Contains printable worksheets and a rubric for classroom use
- The actual diary photos come ready to print and use in the classroom