This Lesson 1 - Short Vowels lesson plan also includes:
Apple, Adam, and At all have something in common. What is it? They all start with the short A sound. The first lesson plan of set in the Word Recognition and Fluency series introduces readers to short vowel sounds with a series of interactive activities. Listeners track readers as they say the sounds, a fill-in-the-blank game challenges them to guess missing sounds, and printable worksheets give them additional practice opportunities.
- Place pictures of the key words (apple, egg, igloo, octopus, up) on the wall to serve as reminders of the short vowel sounds
- Record learners saying the sounds, allowing them to review in their own voices
- Review the list of required materials to assure all resources are available before beginning lesson
- Gets class members involved
- Provides a script for teachers to read
- Covers all vowels in the lesson, but suggests only introduce one or two at a time