This Lesson Plan: Trolls—Just Like You and Me? lesson plan also includes:
Not all trolls hide under bridges; some of them hide behind computer screens! Learners explore the causes and effects of people leaving mean comments online. After learning vocabulary, watching and discussing a video, and responding to an article about Internet trolling, they get a better picture of the detrimental behavior.
- Have scholars write and share their responses to The Lowdown post in small groups if posting the comments online is not an option
- Facilitate a whole-class discussion about the best ways to promote online safety
- Includes a five-minute video
- Includes links to additional instructional resources
- A fun extension activity helps students get involved in the community