This Letter Writing to Politicians on Environmental Issues lesson plan also includes:
Let your voices be heard! Pupils research local and national environmental concerns using the Internet. Class members determine an issue they deem important and draft a letter to a local politician expressing their concern about the issue. After editing and finalizing the letter, they (or a teacher) mail or email their concerns to the appropriate politician.
- Research to identify local environmental issues
- Use in conjunction with English classes and a unit on persuasive writing
- Requires an up-to-date list of local representatives with addresses
- Lets individuals know that their opinion matters
- Provides an authentic audience for letter writing and research
- Undoit.org website is no longer available