What may look like a bunch of dots is actually complex science! Gilbert Lewis' work is important for understanding molecular chemistry, and his approach is great for visual learners. The video describes the process of drawing a Lewis dot structure for different molecular arrangements.
- Create a guided notes document for learners to complete as they view the video
- View the video as a class; pause at regular intervals to check for understanding
- Assumes a familiarity with the periodic table and valence electrons
- Knowledgeable instructor shares side information that makes the lesson more engaging
- Uses a wide variety of examples and repetition to ensure a depth of understanding