You think all of the good periodic table jokes argon? I don't zinc so! Video discusses electron dot structures based on valence electrons. It highlights the arrangement of the periodic table and the stability of the noble gasses. This is the first in a 15-part series.
- Have students draw electron dot structures for some of the elements not included on the video
- Be aware that YouTube comments are open to the public; preview them if possible for language
- Lesson best fits as an introduction to dot structures
- Requires prior knowledge of electrons
- Offers a clear and concise explanation of the topic
- Video is not engaging, so pupils might have a difficult time paying attention