This Light in Painting lesson plan also includes:
- Graphics & Images
- Join to access all included materials
How do painters use and manipulate light in their artwork to give emphasis and establish mood and emotion? Pupils will analyze a few examples of landscape and portrait painting in order to explore the how light is used in art, and will then produce original artwork based on their learning experience.
- If you have access to technology such as photo editing software, consider exploring lighting in photographs as an extension activity
- The images provided in the lesson plan are black-and-white. You will need to locate images of the chosen art pieces elsewhere in order to present them accurately and effectively
- Unique, engaging activity suggestions
- Extensive vocabulary list of terms related to light in painting