This Lightning-Rod interactive also includes:
Why do some buildings have lightning rods? Scholars explore the movement and attraction of opposing electrical charges through a simulation of a lightning rod. They control the cloud height, charge separation, and if the lightning rod is on or off.
- Explain why lightning rods aren't used as often any more and what has replaced them
- Users must have a free CK-12 account to access the interactive
- Assumes prior knowledge of voltage and electrical charges
- Displays the electric field and potential energy for each trial
- Includes challenge questions within the simulation