This Lights on the International Space Station lesson plan also includes:
Groups explore illumination with NASA's Lighting Environment Test Facility (LETF) as a context. Using the TI-Nspire app, groups determine the lux equation that models their simulation. They then use the lux equation to solve problems relating to illumination on the International Space Station.
- Provide a mini-lesson on the restriction of domains in order to model real-world situations
- The hands-on activity requires flashlights, preferrably of different strengths
- Requires TI-Nspire handhelds
- The lesson provides a hands-on activity as a hook
- The TI-Nspire document also comes as a solution document for the teacher