You can't see patterns in a jumble of numbers ... so organize them! Learners take a set of data and use a line plot to organize the numbers. From the line plot, they find minimum, maximum, mean, and make other conclusions about the data.
3 Views 9 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use examples to create a lesson presentation
- Make the data more meaningful by collecting information from your classes
- Graph paper would be helpful for accuracy
- Expects individuals to analyze the data after creating the dot plots
- Scaffolds the process to allow for differentiation within classes